Whether helping you navigate government databases, providing guidance for completing certification paperwork, or answering contract management questions on existing awards, we meet you at your level. Counseling is free of charge to Virginia based businesses and only requires that you register as a client prior to requesting an appointment. We ask our clients to keep us apprised of any contract awards won as a result of the assistance received.
Be prepared to give specific details on your needs so we can match you with the best counselor available.
Virginia PTAP counselors have decades of experience working in the field of government contracting and receive ongoing training to keep pace with constantly changing acquisitions procedures and regulation. We have access to a nationwide network of Procurement Counselors as well as having contacts in private industry and government agencies to draw upon additional expertise to provide advice on a more complex problem.
Counseling appointments are made in the order that they are requested if you do not hear back from your counselor within a few business days, contact us and we will give you an estimate of the timing to receive an appointment depending on volume. Generally counseling appointments are done in person and last an hour so please come to your counseling appointment prepared to take notes, listen carefully, and ask questions to make the most of your time. We also recommend you review our resource links, homework, and familiarize yourself with our website before coming to the appointment.
Our areas of counseling specialty include insight into these topic areas:
- Federal set-aside certification help including applications and leveraging
- Virginia SWaM and Micro Business certifications
- GSA schedules and other indefinite delivery vehicles
- Market research and business development
- Capabilities statements
- Proposal preparation and marketing your business to the government
- Proposal pricing and accounting advice
- Pre/post contract award compliance
Some things we do not do:
- We do not provide legal advice
- We DO NOT stand in your shoes
- We do not type up a summary of our comments during a counseling appointment and email them to you after a session. It is your responsibility to take notes.
- We cannot edit or reword your proposal or operating agreement for you. We can review and make recommendations but it is up to you to implement.
- We do not give you special access to government officials
- We do not advertise or advocate on behalf of your company